JobsNEAR.in > Career Tips > Stress Management Tips in Malayalam
Life in cities of Kerala is horrible without a good job and good standard of living, you may find yourself struggling and in pressure. You will feel difficulties to move forward and to overcome the situations in the workplace. As a result, you'll get depressed, anxious and stressed about life. Some workplace stress is ordinary, but excessive stress can meddle with your efficiency and execution which affects your physical and passionate wellbeing. It may lead to failure in work life. You can't control everything in your workplace, however, that doesn't mean you're weak and can't overcome the troublesome circumstance. Whatever your work demands, there are steps you can take to shield yourself from the harming impacts of stress and enhance your employment fulfillment.
What is Stress?
Stress is a state of emotional pressure or tension resulting from adverse circumstances. It's a natural and normal phenomenon occurs in a living body which destroys your peaceful existence. There's nothing you can do about stress. Stress occurs as the result of any situation that is hard to handle. Anything that poses a challenge or a threat to our orderly, well-being and peaceful lives is a stress. It may cause due to problems and issues arises in work or in the family which is highly demanding in a person's life. However, once the stress underestimates a person's mental and physical health, it may become dangerous for him/her and leads to the panic attack. A stressor is a stimulus or an agent that causes stress. Examples of stressors are:
- Unpleasant individuals or situation
- Rushing Automotive
- Being abused or neglected
- The death of loved ones
- Work pressure
- Filing for divorce.
- Losing contact with loved ones.
- Hospitalization or illness
- Isolation or loneliness
Different Types of Stress
Tips to Job SeekersTips and Techniques in Time Management
Interview Tips for Job Seekers
Job Interview Process & Methods for Malayalees
Interview Dress Tips in Kerala
Companies in Infopark, technopark, startup village
Top Job Portals for Malayalees
Foreign Jobs for Gulf Malayalees
Interview Tests for Freshers
Methods for Searching Jobs
Online Mock Test in Malayalam
Highest Paying Jobs in India
Biodata Writing Tips
Cover Letter for Job Application in Kerala
Kerala PSC Tips
Stress Management Techniques
1) Acute Stress:
- Acute stress is the most common type of stress.
- It is a psychological condition arises as a result of witnessing a terrifying or shocking event, or a distressing event that made a strong emotional response within the individual. It can change their lifestyle.
- Acute stress may resolve with time or may lead to a more severe disorder, depending upon the circumstances.
- Acute stress can treat and reduced by the combination of relaxation, supportive counseling and mindfulness-based stress reduction programs. These are effective for stress management.
2) Episodic Acute Stress:
- When acute stress happens frequently, it may lead to Episodic acute stress.
- People who are suffering from episodic acute stress will always seem to be in a rush or busy. They take too many responsibilities but will not be able to organize themselves to deal with it.
- This type of stress can affect interpersonal skills and aggressive nature towards others may cause fall in relationships at home and workplace.
- The symptoms are headaches or migraines, hypertension, persistent tension and chest pain.
- People with episodic acute stress are tenacious about their negative health effects.
- As they accept stress as a part of life, it's hard for them to change their lifestyle. Episodic acute stress can be helped to an extent with certain lifestyle changes, but professional advice may also help before it may get worse.
3) Chronic Stress:
- Chronic stress is a response to emotional incident suffered for a long period of time.
- The individual is aware that he or she has little or no control over this stress.
- Symptoms of chronic stress can vary from anxiety, headache, depression, abdominal pain, social isolation, or lack of sleep to back pain and difficulties in concentration. Other symptoms include panic attacks or anxiety disorders and cardiovascular diseases.
- To cure chronic stress, know the biological causes, make yourself relax, learn new skills, exercise daily, take multivitamins and nutrients, a healthy diet, be positive, meditate, socialize and sleep well.
Stress Management in Workplace
As a human being, Stress is normal but not same for everyone. Stress isn't generally awful. Sometimes stress can help you remain engaged in life and ready to address new difficulties in the working environment. It's what keeps you on your toes amid an introduction or caution to avert mischances or exorbitant oversights. Be that as it may, in today's busy world, the work environment appears like a passionate exciting ride. Extend periods of time, tight due dates and constantly expanding demands from the workplace can abandon you feeling stressed, dubious, and overpowered. What's more, when stress surpasses your capacity to adapt, it quits being useful and begins making harm your mind, body and your occupation fulfillment.
On the off chance that weight at work is meddling with your capacity to work, look after yourself, or deal with your own life, it's an ideal opportunity to make a move. Regardless of what you accomplish professionally, or how distressing your employment is, there are a lot of things you can do to lessen your general anxiety levels and recapture a feeling of control at work. The symptoms depend upon the situation, characteristics, environment, lifestyle etc.. of the suffering person. If you feel stressed, it's good to try and make adjustments to your lifestyle such as being active, becoming more social and pleasant. Foundation of stress management is to realize that you can make your life under control. If you want to release stress, you have to face the problems in a systematic way. Stress management is all about taking charge of your thoughts, emotions, lifestyle and how you handle your problems. A few ways to reduce stress involve regular exercise, a healthy diet, adequate sleep, and a supportive social network. There are a lot of stress relievers such as stress relief products and tools which are used to reduce stress.
Common Workplace Stress Cause
- Absence of control over your duties
- Pressure to perform work
- No increase in job satisfaction
- Pressure to work at ideal status
- Fear of being at lower job position
- Overtime Work
Tips to Handle Workplace Stress
1) Communication Reduces Stress
Build new relationships
- Construct new fulfilling companionships. If you don't have anyone to share your problems, build new friendships and have connections with coworkers.
- Meeting new people with common hobbies and interests by joining a class or a club or volunteering in community gatherings that will help in making more connections.
- The best stress reducer is basically sharing your worries with somebody near you or trustworthy towards you. By sharing, you will gain support and sympathy results in regaining your sense of calm.
Having a strong emotionally supportive network at work can help cradle you from the negative impacts of workplace stress. Listening to them and offering support when they are in need also helps in maintaining a good relationship. On the off chance that you don't have a nearby pal at work, you can find a way to be more social with your colleagues.
Support from loved ones
- Incline strong bond towards your loved ones and expand social contact at work.
- Having a solid connection of supportive friends and family is important to manage stress in your life.
- On the other side, the all the more desolate and disconnected you are, the more prominent your weakness to stretch.
2) Health and Fitness
Stress reduction is important for maintaining your health, as it can enlighten your mind, promote longevity, boost the immune system and make you productive. When stress dominates you, you are putting yourself at risk of becoming unhealthy and developing illnesses, from the normal fever to severe heart disorders. Stress has this kind of effective impact for your nicely being because it's far a natural reaction this is activated within the brain. A combination of natural diet, traditional medicine and proper lifestyle can prevent you from diseases and help you to lead a healthy life.
One of the best effective technique in stress management is meditation. Meditation helps you to refresh your mind and determine your inner self with a sense of compassion and honesty, in place of judgment and criticism. Practising meditation helps to let go stress, tension and distraction. It provides more relaxed and spacious state by increasing our healing capacity. This process helps you to find a deeper source of real motivation to make healthy changes in your life. Engaging in regular exercise every day such as yoga, walking, swimming, aerobics, sports etc.. has proven stress-reducing. Exercise can help to produce positive stress-busting endorphins in your body results in increasing your self-confidence and decreasing depression or anxiety. Regular exercise in your daily routine helps to improve your sleep with less interference of stress, depression and anxiety. Including healthy food rich in dark greens and chlorophyll-containing foods in your daily diet helps in stress management. Avoid consumption of sugar or caffeine, as it can cause severe stress and depression.
3) Avoiding Skimping Sleep
Sleep is an important human function which allows your brains to recharge and body to rest. When we do not get enough amount of sleep, our body won't get the full benefits of sleep, such as muscle repair and memory consolidation. Sleep is so crucial that poor sleep can affect memory, judgment and mood. Chronic sleep as a result of chronic stress can contribute to obesity, health problems and high blood pressure. While you are under stress, you may feel that you didn't get much time in a full night sleep. Skimping(using less time) on sleep effects the daytime productivity, problem-solving skills, creativity and ability to focus. If you had a good sleep and has rested well, the better-equipped you'd be able to tackle your job responsibilities.
4) Prioritize and Organize
Increasing of workplace stress may threaten you. An important part of keeping you and your work-life stress-free is being able to easily manage your workload and tasks. Arrange the job tasks according to the priority and complete the task on time. It will help to reduce your stress level.
5) Avoiding Bad Habits
A large portion of us exacerbates work stress with our negative thoughts and bad habits. If you are dealing with stressful situations in a less-healthy way, you probably will realize that you will have to face negative impacts of stress on your health in future. This can happen when your responses to stress make the challenges you face more challenging. This might increase your stress levels and create new problems in your life and health. The following are some unhealthy ways people depends while in stress.
- Consuming Too Much Caffeine
- Drinking In Excess
- Compulsive Spending
- Emotional Eating
Tips for a Healthy Life
The tips given below are some good habits, remedies and natural stress relief activities which will help you to manage your stress. It will reduce your stress level and makes you optimistic.
- Take care of yourself
- Have healthy a nutrient-dense diet
- Daily physical exercise
- Get plenty of sleep
- Be Social
- Isolate yourself from stressful events
- Avoid drugs and alcohol
- Devotional Prayer
- Be attentive and alert
- Read good books
- Mind relaxation techniques
- Deep breathing
- Keep a Journal always with you
- Conflict resolution
- Music as a coping strategy
- Listening to certain types of relaxing music
- Enjoy humour and comedy
- Spend More Time in Nature
- Getting a hobby
- Spending quality time with pets
- Natural medicine and spas
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Use Adaptogen Herbs and Essential Oils
If you feel you need guidance and support to overcome your fear and stress, you can consult any counselling centres which can be found near to your place. This centre focuses on restoring self-esteem and personalities through empowerment and rehabilitation. This centre gives you counselling and training to make positive social changes in you. They will help you to setup and run your life to reach success and to empower yourself. They will provide tips for the student for success in studies, empower unemployed candidate to get the job, handle family issue etc.. Some of them are:Prasanthi Counseling Center, Edapally, Cochin, Kerala
Sahrudaya Counselling Centre, Vytila, Cochin, Kerala
Natural Empowering Survival Treatment and Research Centre, Kuttimukku, Thrissur
Stress Management Tips in Malayalam
Stress management and the peaceful mind are important in maintaining a happy healthy life. Visit the websites given below to find more information regarding these topics. List of websites includes the article about stress management, self-help techniques for dealing with stress and talk by Madhu Bhaskaran about stress management which are simple to understand and worth listening. It will help you to manage stress, handle your tension and empower your mind. You will also get blog posts in Malayalam and names of counselling centres in Kerala from this list.Visit for more information:
- "How to handle stress" in Malayalam==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s658IWDLPD0